OVERSEAS STUDENT HEALTH COVER (OSHC)
Overseas Student Health Cover is a compulsory health plan for the international student that assists to meet the cost of medical and hospital care needed during Australia stay. You will need to arrange your health insurance by obtaining OSHC, which provides medical & hospital insurance. We will help to obtain the best OSHC policy for you.
WHAT OSHC COVER?
● The benefit amount listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fee for out-of-hospital medical services (for example, a general practitioner)
● 100 percent of the MBS fee for in-patient medical services (for example, surgery)
● The public hospital shared ward accommodation
● The private hospital shared ward accommodation (only for hospitals that have contractual arrangements with the overseas student’s health insurer)
● Day surgery accommodation
● Some prosthetic devices
● Pharmaceutical benefits up to $50 per pharmaceutical item to a maximum of $300 a year for a single membership ($600 for a family membership). Overseas students may face significant out of pocket costs if they do not have appropriate coverage for treatment with pharmaceuticals, particularly oncology (cancer) treatment.
● Ambulance services.
WHAT OSHC DOES NOT COVER?
● Treatment arranged before coming to Australia
● Treatment needed while travelling to or from Australia
● Transportation of an overseas student or dependent into or out of Australia for any reason
● Treatment covered by provisions for compensation and damages.
For more info regarding OSHC please visit:
OVERSEAS VISITOR HEALTH COVER
OVHC is a health insurance plan for the applicant and their family of Temporary Skill Shortage visa (Subclass 482), Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485), Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417), Training Visa (Subclass 407), Visitor visa (Subclass 600, 601, 651). However, the policy of every OVHC varies in cost, requirement and benefits covered.